Monday, March 9, 2009

The Cupcake Kick, Part 2.

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Truffle Centre and Espresso Frosting

I was late for a birthday party on Saturday.  All because I decided in the late afternoon that I wanted cupcakes, and a friend "demanded" that I make some and bring them to the birthday party.  Now, for future reference, don't start making cupcakes at 6pm when you have a birthday party to be at by 8pm.

But anyways, I whipped up a batch of vanilla cupcakes with chocolate truffle centres and espresso frosting.  I particularly liked the frosting, but the whole thing was rather tasty.  In my mad rush, I was doing a bit too much multi-tasking and overcooked the chocolate truffles, so they weren't as smooth as they should have been.  Darn.  Oh well.  Even in my rush, I attempted to decorate them sort of pretty-ish.

Also in this photo is the pretty new cake plate I bought earlier in the day on Saturday.  It's a white pedestal plate with very clean lines.  I like it a bunch.  

Again, I had to transport the finished cupcakes in a muffin baking tin contraption because I still don't have a good cupcake courier or whatever the other brands of cupcake cases are called.  I wonder if Michaels has the big ones or just the small ones...  I think that would be good use for a 40% off coupon.

In other news, I signed myself up for the Iron Cupcake Challenge, and also for the Daring Bakers.  Daring Bakers won't start for me until April, but I can get started on the current Iron Cupcake Challenge right away.  Excellent!

Yay cupcakes!
- Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment