Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Cupcake Kick, Part 1b.

OK, so the cupcakes have gone over well, both literally and figuratively.  
In the figurative sense, "gone over well" implies that they are tasty and everyone is happy to eat them.  And request more.

In the more literal sense, I rigged up a transport system to bring some cupcakes to work- A 9x13 glass pyrex with lid, with a clean cupcake tin inside to keep the cupcakes from mushing into each other.  Except that I thought I had a few mm of clearance inside the container.  But I didn't.  And the icing/chocolate drizzle was still wet enough to glue the cupcakes to the lid of the container, offering quite the surprise when I took the lid off.  The cupcakes aren't so pretty anymore.

Also, I forgot to mention last night that I had leftover chocolate orange ganache from the cupcake centres, which I rolled into truffles.  I brought them to work today too, and boy are they tasty.  I love chocolate.

I would deem this cupcake experiment mostly successful, but still with a number of things to learn from.  And maybe a cupcake carrier will be added to the wish list next time I'm out shopping.

- Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment