Friday, April 3, 2009

The Cupcake Kick, Part 5.

When a dinner party and a friend's birthday fall on the same day, there's twice the reason to make cupcakes!

Vanilla Cupcakes with Pomegranate & Orange Frosting

Admittedly, Kerri had requested brownie cupcakes with espresso frosting for her birthday, but my poor mother is allergic to chocolate and these cupcakes had to double as dessert at a dinner party, so I couldn't go with chocolate.  I'm quite enamored with a certain vanilla cake recipe right now, so the cake flavour was a pretty quick decision.  The frosting was created from one of those 'what can I find in the fridge' moments.  It turned out rather well, but I would have liked a stronger pomegranate flavour.


Quick and easy, and tasty too!  Also, I find that somehow vanilla cake is easier to justify as breakfast...

Yay, cupcakes!
- Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment