
Many thanks to my dear friend Heidi, who helped with the fondant box fun. Sidebar: when fondant hits cardboard, it sticks. There's no lifting and repositioning. It's so much easier to cover a real cake!

Many thanks to Mom and Rhonda who pitched in for the royal icing box covering. Mom did the majority of the decorating on this blue one. It's kind of similar to my sister's wedding cake. The dried flowers are from our garden (aka, free).

The pink cake was mainly the work of Rhonda. We both agreed that her little niece would absolutely love it!

And the orange cake was all mine. The camera didn't capture the orange very well, but it was basically the colour of orange sherbet. Somewhere between the two oranges shown below. The fondant accents are white fondant that was leftover from some other project.

I've always meant to try one of these cakes decorated with royal icing sort of plastered on. And I'm on an orange kick, which explains the colour. Plus, there was absolutely no details about the cake request- I was allowed to make any size, colour, design, etc, so I just had to go for something out of the ordinary.

Delivery day went very smoothly with the help of my parent's SUV:
I don't think I took any pictures of the baby cakes, but if I find some hidden in some other folder on my computer, I'll add it to the post!
Happy caking!!
- Carolyn


No comments:
Post a Comment